Prev: Re: [OT] WWII rules? Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu :)

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:55:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Needle fleet now Cthulhu :)

> >Cthulhu in the Tuffley verse! And I thought my huge scratch built
> >Berserker Warmachine was pushing the envelope a bit much...oh
> >well each to his own. I got the idea for this monster from the Old
> >Space Marine Game (for plans) and of course all the Fred
> >Saberhagen books that I've read and reread . On second thought
> >perhaps Cthulhu Vs Berserker would be a pretty even fight.
> >The trick would be to some how lead one or the other to the same
> >area and then run like hell out of it....Oh no another sick campaign!

I don’t think that Berserkers are pushing it at all, frankly.  They have
a distinguished
place in SF, after all -- Babylon 5 used a “berserker” in one episode,
in fact, and
actually called it such.

Besides, in gaming Berserkers play a vital role: the big, bad machine
that a bunch of
inexperienced players can pound upon while learning the rules.	Isn’t
there an SFB
scenario with some kind of berserker-like alien machine?

Plus, they make a good excuse for some extensive scratchbuilding that
cleans all of those
miscellaneous scraps of plastic out of your Bits Box.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: Re: [OT] WWII rules? Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale