Prev: Re: [OT] What mailing list is this again? Next: [OT] WWII rules?

RE: [SG]The Nanite Revolution

From: JEREMY CLARIDGE <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:11:50 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: [SG]The Nanite Revolution

Well I thought I'd get in on this Nanotechnology thread
but I didn't know anything about Nanotechnology.
So I did a search and read several articles.........
Ok so if your like me here is the simple bit:
Nanotechnology - building materials atom by atom or molecule by molecule
Nanite - Atom sized robot that does the building.
I could find nothing on exactly how this works.
What I did find would make a good weapon.

It was called Gray-Goo. Basically Nanites that would attack
something and re-arrange its molecules to make more of themselves.
Mind you this did carry the warning of a weapon of mass destruction!

Also if nanites can turn anything into something else then conflicts
might be a pointless exercise.
No fights over natural resources that's for sure.

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: [OT] What mailing list is this again? Next: [OT] WWII rules?