Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: Back to the Future History was:Re: silly questions re national/unit pride

Re: Unit pride was RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:34:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Unit pride was RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units

Beth said:
 > steady and constant thing. So
> > is all this pride in unit history there so that you
> > don't let the side down
> > when it comes your turn or is it the hope that you
> > won't let the side down?

I recall an instance where a unit was hard pressed by the enemy
(Romans, I think?  but it could be Napoleonic French, the details blur
when you get old, you know).  This unit's centurion had tried
prodding, bellowing, cursing, etc, to motivate the troops--no results.
In disgust, he took the eagle and threw it into enemy unit.  His
cohort promptly broke the enemy--catching the eagle before the
barbarians got their hands on it.