Prev: Re: NAC Units, Why do we only talk about British Units Next: Re: [OT] Nobility.... or not....

Re: [OT] Nobility.... or not....

From: Jakim Friant <jmodule@y...>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 08:12:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Nobility.... or not....

> Hence the need to respect American sensibilities.  I
> could see a "Union" or "Confederation" with the King
> as nominal head of state.  Unlikely, but possible.
> I can't see 60 million Englishmen treating 280
> million USians like they're Hindu coolies.  It ain't
> gonna happen [etc.]

Just $0.02 before this thread ends...

I live beside Camp Lejeune, NC and work with a lot of
ex-military types who share John and Brian's
sentiments.  But when you look at the people my age
group (20's) there is a very distinct lack of any sort
of sentiment other than self-interest.	On top of
that, a good majority of the population (at least in
this part of the USA) is part-Hispanic or black and
they have more ties to their ethnic background than to
the USA.  Take these trends a few years into the
future and you may end up with a situation where
anti-monarchy patriotism has become an insignificant
minority.

Jakim

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: NAC Units, Why do we only talk about British Units Next: Re: [OT] Nobility.... or not....