Prev: Re: Nobility.... or not.... Next: Re: Regimental Mottos and Surprises

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: David Brewer <david@b...>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:16:20 +0000
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

> Don M wrote:
>
> > Every society has its social ranking structure, adding titles
> > just formalises portions of it.
> > And more importantly as this is a fictional future it sound cool
> > to have 'General Sir John Atkinson" or "Admiral Lady Beth
> > Fulton" commanding your NAC forces.
> >
> > John Law
>
> I like it.  And before we forget The Lord High Commissioner of
> games and light entertainments Sir Jon Tuffley Esquire.

For what it's worth, "knight" is a higher rank then "esquire", so
you would not style anyone as both.

In substance, both are of equal meaninglessness.

--
David Brewer, esq.

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every
dog that barks at you." - George Silver, gentleman, c.1600

Prev: Re: Nobility.... or not.... Next: Re: Regimental Mottos and Surprises