Prev: RE: Armalligator was: Email Next: RE: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

Re: Nobility.... or not....

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:47:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Nobility.... or not....

--- Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> wrote:

> People can play this however they like, but
> canon shows us: The NAC is still a
> Kingdom/Monarchy. The NAC has absorbed a
> destroyed and torn-down former-American
> republic and has captured and integrated all of
> Central and South America. The only seemingly
> willing (and still whole and structurally sound)
> volunteer was Canada (AFAIK), and that may

However:  The Brits/Canadians are invited in by a US
provisional government in control of a significant
portion of the country.  And the simple logic of the
matter is that no matter how you slice it, even if the
British and Canadian armies expanded to WWII levels
they would be insufficient to flat-out conquer the US
without significant cooperation from much of the
extant US forces.  And regardless of the alleged
expertise of the SAS the UK still couldn't hold
Ireland (which by comparison is about the size of West
Virginia), and never did finish off the IRA in
Northern Ireland.  Now multiply that land area by a
couple hundred and the population by a couple dozen.
Hence the need to respect American sensibilities.  I
could see a "Union" or "Confederation" with the King
as nominal head of state.  Unlikely, but possible.  I
can't see 60 million Englishmen treating 280 million
USians like they're Hindu coolies.  It ain't gonna
happen--we don't have a caste system telling us that
the gods ordained us to be peons and y'all to be
dictators.  And we understand how to fight, which is
more than I can say about anyone in India (excepting
the Sihks, who did NOT get treated the same way the
Hindus did).

You want a comparison, try South Africa after the Boer
Wars.  Too exhausted and drained to go for true
independance but certaintly having shown they were
capable of kicking the Brits around six ways 'till
Sunday, the Boers worked out a negotiated deal.

John

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: Armalligator was: Email Next: RE: Another political question re: Tuffleverse