Prev: Re: [FH] Tedious Royalty Debate... Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: NAC Units, Why do we only talk about British Units

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:39:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Derek Fulton wrote:

>What John is overlooking is the simple fact that in the GZG time line
the
>United States of America NO LONGER exists. The Constitution isn't
there,
>there is NO US citizenship to revoke. There is only the NAC, GOD SAVE
THE
>KING!

Now it's regressing into pretty ugly territory, and this reinforces my
point
in a post a few moments ago, that the timeline has a lot more to do with

sticking it to Americans than any connection with reality.  I find it
Ironic
that most other groups gets pretty fair representation in all the
politics
of the Tuffleyverse, but it seems that even the suggestion of a free
America
or American based entity in the future is met with such disdain by so
many.

Realistically speaking, any NAC that took the attitude Derek just
displayed
would have not a snowball's chance in hell of being accepted by any
American, no matter how desperate they were to end the Civil War.  Since
the
movie Gettysburg has already come up, I would reccommend a review of the

dialogue between the Confederate officers and Captain Freemont of the
Queen's Own Teasippers.  Any factions in a second US civil war would
have a
hell of a lot more in common with each other than with an English
monarchy.
LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!!

>>You're forgetting the basic premise of a
>>Republic--there is neither higher nor lower title than
>>citizen.  A free man kneels to no one and need no one
>>to kneel to him.  Nobility is only significant if
>>you've got serfs.  That's why there's something like
>>12 men that own 80% of Scotland.
>
>  Nice idea, too bad it doesn't work,

It's been doing pretty well for the last 200 or so years here.	To
borrow
loosely from Churchill (IIRC), It's a lousy system, but it's better than
the
alternatives.

>have a look at just what it takes to
>be a US President. I'll paraphase 'Animal Farm' ..... All animals are
>equal, some more so than others :)

It may not be as open a contest as it used to be, but at least we still
have
some say in it.

>Derek (Who lives in a country where the lowest can actually rise to
hold
>the highest elected political position in the land)

That's because it's such a short rise. ;-)

Brian B2
Sic Semper Tyrannis