Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:55:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >Each to his own--my alternate history includes
> Turkey
> >purging the last non-Turkish elements by 2044.
>
> I'm trying to stick at least partially to reality in
> my extrapolation.

Why?  And if we're assuming a really massive tide of
fundamentalism and Pan-Islamism in that area of the
world (which is what it would take for the Arabs to
set aside their difference enough to accept the
Saudis) are we able to be that cheerful?

I'm > assuming that Turkey maintains it's secular
> attitude, and freedom actually > improves there.
Although I've still to deal with > the Kurdish
question.

I've been assuming the Kurds threw in with the IFed in
exchange for an autonomous Kurdistan. . .

> I just won't even touch that.

More than a few of my non-canon touches are not
particularly pleasant.	Hell, I've got the Romanovs
and NSL partitioning Poland again.

> Why thank you, how considerate to consolidate all my
> enemies for me.  It
> would be interesting - A secular Turkish State, a
> Byzantine Theocracy, and
> an Islamic Theocracy.  Makes for an interesting
> 3-way standoff, no?

There's also the Saeed Kaliphate, which would consider
the TR to be as much heretics as the IFed, the
Romanovs (who probably can't decide who they hate
more, the NRE or TR), and the ESU (which has large
Turkic populations and won't look favorably on a free
nation of Turks that would inspire seperatist
movements).

John

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse Next: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse