Prev: Re: GZG LARP Next: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse

Re: NAC Units, Why do we only talk about British Units

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:07:35 -0800
Subject: Re: NAC Units, Why do we only talk about British Units

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

>Not to worry, US'ers are not unaware of this. I recall, back in
college,
>about three decades ago, a French hitchhiker who was 'crashing' at our
>house related his gentle humor, he refrained on comments, at being told
of
>this or that building being over a century old. His dorm in Paris was
in a
>building aged over a thousand years.

This being a by-product of the fallacy that US/Canadian/Mexican
culture/History is the only American History. The native peoples of this

hemisphere can claim descendance from civilizations that were building
pyramids and designing complex calendars back when that Frenchman's
ancestors were living in mud huts along the banks of the seine.

Brian B2

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: GZG LARP Next: Re: Another political question re: Tuffleverse