Prev: Re: GZG LARP Next: Re: Gettysburg Trivia

Re: GZG LARP

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 01:06:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: GZG LARP

--- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@austarmetro.com.au>
wrote:

> Perhaps I should have mentioned that one area of
> military > history that I know a bit about is the
late > Sassanian > period of Persia.
> You have NO idea how many jokes there were in old
> Persian > about Narsus being the only Byzantine with
any > balls.

Which is why Belisarius kicked them half-way across
the desert. . .

> I still think the Georgians did it best though.

That and sending the entire Georgian Army on
pilgrimage to Jerusalem with banners unfurled and
daring every Arab noble to try to levy tolls.

John

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: GZG LARP Next: Re: Gettysburg Trivia