Prev: 1/144 Helo kits Next: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:47:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

--- Christopher Pipinou <cpip@juno.com> wrote:

> GK Warren, who observed the Confederate advance on
> Little Round Top and

Ah, but what was his position in the Army of the
Potomac?

> ordered Chamberlain there, to "save the honor of the
> Fifth Corps,"
> although Chamberlain didn't believe his brigade
> combat-ready at the time.

The Brigadier was someone else (Jenkins??),
Chamberlain was a mere Regimental Commander.

> To bring this round back to topic, on a civil war
> note, one thing that > occurred to me is that some
U.S. forces (especially > National Guard units)
> might NOT be incorporated into the NAC rosters,
> because they were part of > the civil war and were
opposed to the Anglo-Canadian > peacekeeping force.

Why?  The old Confederate Regiments were ressurected
as National Guard units in the South--my old unit in
the Virginia Guard traced it's lineage back to the
Warrenton Rifles, who's commander was the first
soldier killed by enemy action during the War of
Northern Agression--shot dead on the steps of the
Fairfax County Courthouse as he hauled down the US
flag.

John

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: 1/144 Helo kits Next: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale