Prev: Re: Turks was: Another political question Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: World Culture

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:10:03 +0100
Subject: Re: World Culture

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
> > Volume as per number of people belonging to it ?
> > Chinese, Indian and Latino cultures probably are
> > similar if not bigger  on that count. ;-)
>
> Yes, but if we delete all the illiterates (I don't
> count anyone who can't at least read as being much
> more than pack animals) then the US is back in the
> running.

Errr...
According to the CIA world factbook,
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ch.html
the literacy rate in China is 81.5 percent. Multiply that by 1.27
Billion
and you still are comfortably above the US population of 278 million.
Same for India with a population of 1 billion, even if their literacy
rate
is only 52 percent.

With that kind of numbers, they have enough talent left over to export
maintain the US high-tech industry

;-)
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Turks was: Another political question Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale