Prev: Canadian Units Next: Re: [OT] Vegiemite was RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: [OT] Vegiemite was RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:44:09 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT] Vegiemite was RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage@chartermi.net>

> Vegimate is not that bad...really.  Even my wife, who grew up in
> Minnesota, gave vegimate a try when we there last December on our
> honeymoon.  A mate in Canberra, that would be you Alan, encouraged us
> give it a try.

Thereby showing that some people will forgive *anything* if he still
calls me 'mate'.

Onya Kev.

(OK, Strine lesson #n - Onya = contraction for "Good on you", meaning
depending on context "Best Wishes", "Finest regards", "Congratulations",
"Well Done").
(Strine lesson #n+1 - Strine = Er-Strahlyun = Australian. In Strine.)

BTW I figured it was safe for her - she's a fan of Lutefisk, and after
that, a little vegemite couldn't hurt.

PPS - The OU detects infiltrators by giving them a spoon, and a jar
of vegemite. Despite this being against numerous articles of war.

Prev: Canadian Units Next: Re: [OT] Vegiemite was RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale