Prev: RE: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: [Way, way OT] Beer (was Re: Questions...)

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:07:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> Zooom, over my head...  Huh?

PPCLI (Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, sometimes the
'Princess Pats') are one of Canada's Regular Ground Forces regiments. I
believe they were formed at the start of WW1, and I know they were
unique
at the time because they recruited from across Canada, as opposed to the
usual regional recruiting pattern.

These days they're based in Western Canada - I think two battalions in
Winnipeg & one in Edmonton. We used to have a battalion here in
Victoria.

PPCLI, the RCR (Royal Canadian Regt) & the Van Doos (can't remember
their
formal French title) are Canada's three standing Regular Regiments.

TomB knows more about this than I do, though.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

<derekfulton@bigpond.com>