Prev: Re: Foodstuff Next: Re: World Culture

Re: World Culture

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:21:33 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: World Culture

John Atkinson schrieb:
> Oddly enough, American culture is the world culture.
> If we are counting two factors: volume, and breadth of
> distribution.

Volume as per number of people belonging to it ?
Chinese, Indian and Latino cultures probably are similar if not bigger
on that count. ;-)

And American culture has a talent for absorbing and redistributing
elements of other cultures, whether Pizza, Hamburger or Sushi; Manga,
Musicals or Fairy Tales. Not neccesarily a bad thing.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Foodstuff Next: Re: World Culture