Prev: RE: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs Next: Web site change

RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 21:04:11 -0800
Subject: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Along these lines, I just ran across a discussion of a technology I'd
never
hear of before, and I was pretty impressed with it.  Also very very
disappointed in myself for not having encountered it before.  The
technology
is Supercavitation.  Makes for some interesting designs, if anyone ever
ran
a naval sci-fi game.

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

>From: Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: RE: Wet Navy in the future was Re: Questions regarding NAC
ground
>  units, was SG IF morale
>Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:10:40 +1100
>
>G'day,
>
> > Another thought - what presence will there be on planets of
> > 'traditional wet' Navy forces?
>
>Depending on the planet I'd say a fair bit, but I'm kinda biased when
it
>comes to things marine ;)
>
> > And how would you present that in DS 2?  (Or SG 2 if you wanted to?)
>
>As they are you have to do a bit of adaptation, but if I remember
correctly
>there have been a few people who have done "battleships" modifications
for
>GZG games (though one at least is an adaptation of FT rather than
DS/SG).