Prev: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale Next: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 19:13:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

At 12:44 AM +0100 11/30/01, Derk Groeneveld wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>
>>  OK, from the history I have read, the NAC is supposed to encompass
the UK,
>>  US, Canada, and the rest of the western Hemisphere eventually.  But
in
>>  discussions like this one involving ground units, all the NAC units
I've
>>  heard mentioned are borrowed from British military history/culture.
Were
>>  any US Army/military units retained?  Just curious.
>
>Problem is the US have so much less history to draw on. And as for
>culture...

By 2183 the US army should have plenty of history under it's belt.
Between the 82nd, the 101st, the 10th Mtn, Rangers, 10th Armd, 1st
Armd, 1st Infantry and a few other units I don't omit for lack of
value, all have plenty of history to make them quite noble. Hell the
101st alone has lots of history. Add the US Marines to the mix and
they are amazing.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -