Prev: RE: SG IF morale Next: Re: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs

Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:36:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Questions regarding NAC ground units, was SG IF morale

At 1:08 PM -0800 11/29/01, Brian Bilderback wrote:

>OK, from the history I have read, the NAC is supposed to encompass
>the UK, US, Canada, and the rest of the western Hemisphere
>eventually.  But in discussions like this one involving ground
>units, all the NAC units I've heard mentioned are borrowed from
>British military history/culture.  Were any US Army/military units
>retained?  Just curious.

But of Course. 10th Mountain is again a full Division. The Rangers
are a force to be reckoned with as they have now become experts at
not only airport seizure, but also space port seizure with all of the
associated toxic and radiological hazards associated with Space Port
Operations. Then there are units with history like the 1st Infantry
Division (Big Red One), 1st Armoured, etc. Units with history like
the 82nd and 101st Airborne have expanded to be fearsome units with a
far greater degree of mobility due to a high proportion of powered
armour and closely attached strategic mobility assets.

I suspect that with the tribal nature of the British Military,
"American" units would retain much of their history and tradition.
Likely a great deal more than had they remained American alone.
Naturally, all that I have stated needs approval by St. John, but I
think he'd like it.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			       '72 Honda CB750 -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill	      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
- C&R-FFL - /	Protect Freedom AND Security	  \	       -
-    NRA   /  http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/   \ DoD #0780 -

Prev: RE: SG IF morale Next: Re: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs