Prev: Re: Points, was Re: grav Next: Re: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs

Re: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs

From: "Scott Clinton" <grumbling_grognard@h...>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:50:14 -0600
Subject: Re: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs

I use GW and other 28mm stuff for the bulk of my forces for SG.  The
only
"True 25mm" stuff I have is some old Grenadier/Ral Partha stuff from the

late 70s.  Heck the Grenadier figs are almost just as big as my GW stuff

(!).  I do have some Star Wars storm troopers but and they look a bit
small,
but painted in white as they are, they don't look too small (IMHO).

Frankly, I prefer the larger 28mm scale figures.  It just seems to me
you
can get a lot more detail in the figure.  I would drop to 15mm long
before I
consider going into "true 25mm".

Just my two cents.

Also, as far as I know the Warzone line is still alive and can be bought
on
the web at http://www.amazonfantasy.com  The last I heard the Warzone
rules
were in late "play test" for a new edition.

One of these days I will do a trencher force with some of the Bauhaus
mounted hussars for support.  But, right now I have my eyes on a set of
Vulkan Battlesuits to convert into "Space Dwarf Battle Suits".

Scott Clinton
The Grumbling Grognard

>From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs
>Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:19:31 -0800
>
>After the discussion on 25mm/15mm scale, I got the impression that
figures
>for games like Warhammer 40K, Warzone, and VOR are probably too big for
>either scale, am I correct?  This is a shame, since a local game store
has
>bunch of Warzone stuff on clearance, and I'd love to get into SG.  In
>addition, I saw a WH40K fig that would be perfect for SG - IF it fit to
>scale.  It's for a race called the Tau, and it's a Devilfish GEV APC.
>Looks
>like it would make a great SG VTOL or light troop lander.
>
>Also, I was wondering if anyone has seen the figs for B5 Gropos?  I saw
>some, and they looked a little too big for 6 mm (Of course, the Ral
Partha
>Battletech tank figs are too big for my use, I use stuff that's ablut
>comparable to GHQ microarmour in scale).  But the infantry fugs looked
big
>enough to use in a larger scale.
>
>Comments?
>
>Brian B2
>
>"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which
psychoanalysis is
>of no use."
>
>				  - S. Freud

http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Prev: Re: Points, was Re: grav Next: Re: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs