Prev: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs Next: Re: [DSII] DFO on VTOLs?

FT: Questions about Fighters

From: "Flynn Richardson" <Flynn.Richardson@u...>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:33:59 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)
Subject: FT: Questions about Fighters

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions about fighters under the FB1&2 rules that
we
could not find specific answers to at last nights game.

We have played (up to now ) that fighters get rerolls on a 6 as per the
"optional" penetrating damage rule (FB1 pg. 5) both for anti fighter and
anti ship use. The new opponent argued that fighters don't have
penetrating damage therefore don't have rerolls and used some of the
quotes on pg4 of FB2 to back this up. Nowhere on this page does it
mention
rerolls except for torp fighters. Nor is any mention made on the FB1
fighter rules page (FB1pg6)

It was no good going back to MT as rerolls didn't exist back then.

Today rereading the fighters rule for KV (FB2 pg. 10) It mentions that
KV
get no rerolls when attacking ships but do get it against other
fighters.

SV drones are no help as it just said "follow the same rules as human
and
other fighters, including endurance (standard 6 combat endurance
factors),
movement, and combat.

Phalon are no better in fact they may even cloud things again as they
say
(FB2pg36) "and a standard 1-die attack" ( and I was assuming Jon was not
referring to my interceptor attacks on my opponents fighters:-\)

So now at least I know what happens for KV specifically but not any of
the
others.

Is there any "official" ruling or have we missed some thing in the
rules?
Either way can people provide references as to what they use. ( I know
play the way you want to play but we would also like to be at least
slightly compatible with the rest of the playing field :-)

Yours in confusion

Flynn Richardson
Special Projects Manager
Unilever Australasia

Prev: SG: Warzone & WH40K figs Next: Re: [DSII] DFO on VTOLs?