Prev: Re: Points, was Re: grav Next: Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

Re: [OT]

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 06:59:05 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT]

Tom Pope wrote:

> > Anyone have a favorite computer game, company/battalion level,
> > WW2 or later?
>
>TacOps wins hand's down in my book.  Modern combat, squad level though
(one
>marker is a squad of infantry, 4 tanks, etc...) It claims to be
extremely
>realistic and certainly is fun.
>
>http://www.battlefront.com/products/modern/tacops/

One marker can be as little as 1 vehicle; most infantry markers can be
broken down to fireteams. Not sure I'd count it as "company/battalion"
level though, since most scenarios have upwards of a brigade on the
attacking side. The graphics are pretty basic, but they work well. As
for
realism, well... most of the game development on TacOps is done for, and

the playtesting done by, the US armed forces which use it as a tactics
training tool :-)

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: Points, was Re: grav Next: Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS