Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG new stuff - WITH PICTURES! Next: Re: Points, was Re: grav

Re: FT: Do you enforce Fleet "composition"

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 16:34:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FT: Do you enforce Fleet "composition"

--- Andreas_Ørlyng <andreas.orlyng@rikshospitalet.no>
wrote:

>  1 CH Vandenburg/T (2 PT)
>  3 BB Vanguard (4 PT)
>
> Which is slightly less than 1500 pts but it felt
> right for a heavy
> battleship squadron.

Yes.

> Some of the non-playing persons that where present
> mumbled something about
> cheese, apparently they feelt that this wasnt
> "right"...

At any game I run, be it wargaming or roleplaying, I
have absolutely NO patience with kibbitzers who want
to interject their two bits worth.  Newbies who want
to watch and ask questions, I can deal with.  Assholes
get politely invited to piss off.

> Now being relatively new to FT, I have owned the
> books for years and years
> but only recently started playing. I am would like
> to know your "style", do
> you consider fieldig only cruisers and battleships
> "cheesy" shoud I field a
> bunch of DD's and FF's as well.

Depends on what you're running.  My heavy battle
squadrons have nothing lighter than an escort cruiser.
 On the other hand, I run (and have had much fun with)
destroyer squadrons with nothing heavier than mass 44.
 Much of this is scenario dependant.  While I can and
have taken down capital ships with smaller ships, it
is much easier, especially for newbies, to use larger
vessels.

John

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] GZG new stuff - WITH PICTURES! Next: Re: Points, was Re: grav