Prev: Re: Phalons, Kravak and Savasku was Alien Infantry Next: Re: [OT]

Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:09:55 +1100
Subject: Re: WotW #5 AFHAWKS

G'day Bif,

 >For example, against SML`s, it intercepts the salvo
 >(after the number of missiles to hit roll) with a 1D6-3....

For simplicity sake I'd keep the mechanics used the same as for the
scatterpack (so D6 for fighters and missiles and for plasma bolts 4, 5
knocks it down by 1 and 6 does 2).

 >If you are looking for a reason for this, we can say that the
interceptor
 >missiles is designed as a anti-fighter missiles, and it`s other uses
are
 >comprimised as a result (which was my original idea).

I get what you mean, but I think its just easier to stick with the one
mechanic for all the various versions (scatterpacks, interceptor pods,
AFAWKS).

 >ignores any bonus against hvy ftrs

For the same reasons as above, I'd also keep the scatterpack
characteristic
of D6/2 for attacks against heavy fighters.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Phalons, Kravak and Savasku was Alien Infantry Next: Re: [OT]