Prev: Re: FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence Next: Re: Walkers

Re: Walkers

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:14:37 -0000
Subject: Re: Walkers

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@cableol.co.uk>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 10:25 PM

> In message <004f01c1751d$d50599e0$b16e60cb@your1ji53vwc26>
>	    "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > Iain wrote:
SNIP
> > Several years ago, I remember seeing on a TV Documentary a tethered
> > Pogo-stick-like hopping robot that could move around
> >
> > Andrew Martin
SNIP
> I'm not sure about the feasability of a giant battlemech pogo-hopping
> accross the battlefield though (and I really wouldn't wan't to crew
> one) :-)
>
> OTOH, when first use, it could immobalise an entire enemy army, as
they
> stand there, paralysed in disbelief! ;-)
>
> At smaller sizes, it could prove quite practical.
> Charles

To an alien species of hopping monopedes, it might seem to be the
"natural"
way to build a mech.

Aargh! Invasion of the Mecha-Dufflepuds!

(Sorry, I'm under the influence of small Narnia-fan nephews)

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: FT: excrutiatingly detailed fighter/missile interaction sequence Next: Re: Walkers