Prev: RE: Tripods, was: Walkers Next: Re: Kit-bashing Toys

SG: Kit-bashing Toys

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 21:45:25 -0800
Subject: SG: Kit-bashing Toys

The other day, while taking my nephew to buy a toy with the bottle & can

money he'd saved up, I ended up making a purchase for myself: a $1 toy
Matchbox car that had a seductively Sci-Fi look to it (the police ARV
for
anyone who cares).  My thinking was that if I ever get around to getting

into SG, it might make an interesting vehicle (It's roughly in the
15-25mm
range).

I was just wondering if anyone had kit-bashed toy cars before, the
die-cast
kind, and if there were any tricks to getting the new parts to stick to
the
toy - does superglue work, or no, and if not, what?  Any input would be
appreciated.  I still haven't decided what I'd do with it - leave it
wheeled, or turn it into a VTOL or GEV.

Brian Bilderback

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: RE: Tripods, was: Walkers Next: Re: Kit-bashing Toys