Prev: RE: Walkers, was RE: grav now Daleks! Next: RE: Re: Walkers, was RE: grav now Daleks!

RE: Tripods, was: Walkers

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:19:44 +1100
Subject: RE: Tripods, was: Walkers

G'day,

> Has anyone ever run Tripod walkers a la Space 1999/War of the
> Worlds in DSII or SG?  If so, how did you treat them:
> as biped walkers or quads?

I use War of the Worlds walkers (from Nic at Eureka) as my big DS Dalek
walkers

For pics hit the Dalek links at

http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/Gallery/GalleryFrame.htm

or try

http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/DirtsideDaleks.htm

As for how I treat them, I treat them as combat walkers, except:

a) we don't usually use the "treat as one size band closer" rule (not
intentionally we usually just forget!)
b) I don't let them "run" - but that's a personal thing based on the
fact
they look a little ungainly to be able to run and their powerguns have
the
range to ensure they don't need to move much once they're on the board
if
they want to reach out and touch you ;)
c) we assume they can see/be seen over intervening terrain (up to a
reasonable height, obviously not over a very tall hill/mountain etc) -
this
can be both a help and a hindrance ;)

One general comment, they're fun, but if the big ones get a systems down
they're dead!! ;)

Prev: RE: Walkers, was RE: grav now Daleks! Next: RE: Re: Walkers, was RE: grav now Daleks!