Prev: Ghurkas Again Next: Re: Walkers, was RE: grav

Re: [DS] New points system? Nah... new design system.

From: David Brewer <david@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:58:38 +0000
Subject: Re: [DS] New points system? Nah... new design system.

"Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:

> The problem with a pure descriptive system is that you will
> get someone saying "I've put a HEL/5, Superior FCS, Superior
> ECM, and Superior PDS on each motorcycle. All are laser
> based, so do not need long barrels or access points, and as
> such are not visible on the figure. Oh, and by the way it
> also have a grav based VTOL capibility, so it can do pop
> up attacks." Then begins to unload hundreds of them.

Hundreds? Hardly. If we get Oerjan to do the points system he'd
charge more for a small vehicle than for a large one... smaller
signature see? You probably couldn't think up a more expensive
unarmoured vehicle without slapping on extra redundant weapons...
but since they're unarmoured a little bit of arty and they're all
toast.

--
David Brewer

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every

Prev: Ghurkas Again Next: Re: Walkers, was RE: grav