Prev: Re: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

Re: [SG] Firing & actions

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:03:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] Firing & actions

--- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> And if already in position you can either fall back
> (creating an
> interupt to shoot and not leaving your men a
> position to shoot next
> time), throw smoke, which wouldn't have helped, or
> twiddle their thumbs.

Them's the rules.  Some days you gotta accept a
sub-optimal solution.  I refuse to coutenance doubling
your firepower by switching weapons.  It's not
consistent with common sense.  Now, if you create a
house rule to allow troopers with rifles to fire twice
in an activation, you're good to go.

> > Eh?  You a bowhunter or something?	'Coz if that's
> > intended to be a double entendre, you've got it
> > reversed.
>
> Actually yes I shoot a bow and I'm pretty good at
> it.

Well. . . That's something I never had the time to
learn to do.  As someone who shoots a bow, do you feel
that if you put X amount of arrows into a target in Y
amount of time (that amount of time being 1 turn) that
you could shoot 2X amount of arrows in Y amount of
time by carrying two bows and two quivers and
switching those weapons halfway through?

What an "activation" with two "actions" represents is
not two discrete segments of time.  If you choose to
move and fire, you are representing your troops
alternating firing with IMT (Individual Movement
Techniques--crawling or doing short rushes from cover
to cover).  Shoot a couple rounds, rush to the next
tree while your buddy shoots a couple rounds.  If you
choose to fire and go in position, troops are
simultaneously finding better spots to shoot from and
shooting at the enemy.	If you choose to just shoot
and "waste" the second "action", then your guys sit in
their cover and shoot.	Which is a perfectly logical
course of action in some situations.

John

Prev: Re: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: [SG] Firing & actions