Prev: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: more grav

[DSII] Heavy Gear models

From: johncrim@v...
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 02:13:11 -0500
Subject: [DSII] Heavy Gear models

How big are the current generation of heavy Gear miniatures?  How big
would they look when
compared with standard 1/300 infantry and vehicles?

I'm looking for something about half the size of a typical Battletech
figure; I'm guessing
that the GZG "Infantry Walkers" are a good bit smaller than this, right?

Two posts in a RPG thread about "Making Mecha Practical" sparked some
ideas for a game
using mecha miniatures in an urban setting -- I have enough 1/300 scale
buildings to make
quite a large city, as shown in this picture <
http://www.users.voicenet.com/~johncrim/Graphics/DAMGAME.gif >.  The
posts are, for those
curious, available at:

http://trio.rpg.net/pf/read.php?f=61&i=22957&t=22940

and

http://www.rpg.net/pf/read.php?f=61&i=25025&t=24464

Myself, I'm less interested in "practical" and "realistic" than I am in
"makes for a good
game."	The above certainly qualify, I think.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim

      http://www.voicenet.com/webmail/

Prev: [SG] Firing & actions Next: Re: more grav