Prev: RE: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: Re: To Grav or not to Grav?

Re: [OT] storing minis

From: "Todd Mason" <masont@b...>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:11:23 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT] storing minis

I use the carboard file storage boxes available from office supply shops
-
they are intended to hold paper and have a spring that needs to be
removed.
I then use household cleaning sponges glued in place for padding and to
make
storage wells.

The boxes are great because they stack and are fairly solid (although
not
rain proof!) I use the computer/ printer to put labels on sheets of
shipping
labels and cut to size. lately I have been printing pictures etc rather
than
just text lables. eg, I scanned the logos from the Warhammer books to
make
labels for my undead army.

The boxes only cost a couple of dollars each, and the sponges are very
cheap. Make sure you do not get the sponges that have been impregnated
with
some sort of smelly chemical - I doubt they are any good for figures.
Another option is to collect all the foam squares that are often
supplied
with some figures (such as GW minis) and glue them in.

For spaceships (on the plastic bases that dont seem to travel too well)
sit the model on a double wall of sponge and have the base held off the
bottom of the box, ie the base is not supporting the wieght, the sponges
are.

Prev: RE: To Grav or not to Grav? Next: Re: To Grav or not to Grav?