Prev: RE: grav Next: more grav

RE: grav

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:47:27 -0800
Subject: RE: grav

I'm not going to even begin to touch the logistics/points cost issue on
this
topic.	But I'm glas it was brought up, because it addresses a question
was going to ask:

Just how DOES Grav work in the game?  Does it follow one particular
concept
of grav?  Is it truly anti-gravity, some sort of field which creates
acceleration away from the center of mass of the planet, or the pull
towards
the star or an extraterrestreal body, or is it a form of repulsion away
from
the localized terrain, or is it Mag Lev, or can it be any of these you
wish?
  If so, it seems that the capabilities of the Grav vehicle are affected
by
how you define Grav.  A vehicle that can truly create an artificial
"opposite acceleration" grav drive WOULD be unlimited by altitude
considerations.  One that isn't a real anti-grav, but a form of
repulsion,
would be limited by altitude, and possibly even the ground over which it

travelled (Maybe a Maglev can't get enough magnetic repulsion unless
it's
over certain materials, maybe a pure repulsion method which uses a force

field to push against the ground, can't move over water, because it
gives
way and they can't push against it).

Just a thought....

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: RE: grav Next: more grav