Prev: Re: grav Next: RE: grav

RE: grav

From: Rick Rutherford <Rick@e...>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:37:33 -0500
Subject: RE: grav

Okay, so we assume that the future logistical tail looks something like
this:

Repair: About the same size as the modern equivalent.
Ammo (Non-energy-weapon): About the same size as the modern equivalent.
Fuel: Practically eliminated -- if anything, it can be rolled into basic
maintenance.

If the support group gets smaller & lighter, then a tank company can
(and
most likely will) be sent further away from its home base. Given a
mostly
self-sufficient tank company (except for the "mail-order" replacement
parts
& ammo), it starts to resemble a mercenary company, operating
independently
and choosing its battles carefully.

-- Rick Rutherford