Prev: [FT] Action At A Distance Next: Re: [LST] Test(Nevermind) & [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

[LST] Test & [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:53:06 -0600
Subject: [LST] Test & [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models

As I've not seen anything off the list since fairly early last night,
I've
decided I wanted to try a test, just in case it's NOT a case of no one
with
something to say at the moment.

Following my own advice, this test HAS content: I'd like to revisit a
topic
earlier presented, using Star Wars Episode 1 Snapfast models for ships
in
FTII battles. I'd appreciate hearing other's experience trying to adapt
these.

After finding a few extra plenty cheap, I'm trying several cut and paste
ideas. The first and simplest is the Sith Infiltrator, where I just flip
it
over so the bridge doesn't seem so obvious, and TOO large a scale. I'm
having difficulties deciding on ways of chopping this 'un, so if you've
done some, let me know. Perhaps running this in reverse, and making
engines
on the now-back?

clipped
the side engines and most of the 'fins' off the back. I may try shaving
closer to the center body. Finally, I've again done the flip, and I
think,
with the better paint job now on top, and the 'chin' mount for a gun,
it's
not half bad.

Just to be repetitive, I think I'll try flipping the Large Transport,
making the front the rear, forming an engine nozzle from the large
hatch,
and trying to make a bridge to cover the ugly crack on what is now the
top/rear bulge.

The Landing Ship has me stymied. I may try cutting the rear wing down
some,
flying it backwards with props on now-tail for Crimson Skies. Kinda
small,
but it'll already be painted, sort of...

So, I've two warships, a freighter, and a non-FT kit for $2US-$4US, and
only some simple cutting and MAYBE a simple wash(the Rep Cruiser needs
SOMETHING).

Prev: [FT] Action At A Distance Next: Re: [LST] Test(Nevermind) & [FT] SW EP1 Snapfast models