Prev: Re: Ghurka club100 miniatures(batch 2) Next: Re: small powers

Re: MT missiles possibilities

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:15:55 -0000
Subject: Re: MT missiles possibilities

> Glenn Wilson wrote:
>
> >Okay, when i read MT (looking again to make sure...) I thought there
were
> >several possibilities:
> At the moment, the official MTM movement rule is still that given in
MT.
> It'll probably change to something similar to fighters eventually.
>
> MTMs can target any (one) ship within 6mu. SMs must target the closest
> enemy ship within 6mu.

Heres how I use them.

MT missiles move exactly like fighters, with 3 endurance factors.

They can move in the missile movement phase upto 24 MU.

Can also move in the fighter secondary movement phase upto 12 MU.

Can only target nearest ship within 3 MU.

Each turn of primary (24 MU) movement uses 1 endurance factor.

Each secondary movement factor uses 1 endurance factor. Only 1 secondary
movement can be used in a single turn.

A single endurance factor can be used to a -1 to PDS/scattergun [PDS
intercepts on a 5 or 6, scattergun packs on a 2-6] against the incoming
missile (to represent the missile burning out it`s drive in a scuicide
sprint attack).

This system makes the missiles more dangerous as you get closer, and if
using the MT launchers from the WDA, they become even more effective.

Prev: Re: Ghurka club100 miniatures(batch 2) Next: Re: small powers