Prev: Re: SG: Ghurka club100 miniatures(batch 2) Next: Re: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...

Re: MT missiles possibilities

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:23:58 +0100
Subject: Re: MT missiles possibilities

Glenn Wilson wrote:

>Okay, when i read MT (looking again to make sure...) I thought there
were
>several possibilities:
>
>1) The most obvious to me (based on page 3 - "...MISSILES are small
>unmanned craft int heir own right.  A typical space combat missile is,
in
>effect, a small ship, guided by an on board AI (Artificial
>Intelligence."...") was that they could freely maneuver (once given
>'general directions' as to where their targets currently are) within
the
>limits of their AI.

At the moment, the official MTM movement rule is still that given in MT.

It'll probably change to something similar to fighters eventually.

>However I do not see the "closest" on page 3 that we have, to my
>experience,  used as a guideline... Page 3 says "...any ship..." and
that
>might imply selectiveness.  Hmmm...  Why not largest?	Or fastest?

MTMs can target any (one) ship within 6mu. SMs must target the closest
enemy ship within 6mu.

>2) The suggested FCS lock-on required during flight sand attack.

There is no FCS lock-on required during the MTM's flight. You need one
intact FCS aboard the ship to launch any number of MTMs in a single
turn,
but that's all.

>3) The FCS is used on turn 1 for launch and general targeting but is
not
>needed on turns 2 and 3 as the AI,using Inertial, stellar, passive
and/or
>active systems attempts wending it's way to the targets available.

Bingo.

>Fleet Book 1 is not clear in how the changes for SM's relate to MT
>Missiles so I have looked but don't see what effect, if any, FB1 has on
>MT Missiles.

FB1 rules which specifically say "salvo missiles" only apply to SMs.
Those
FB1 rules which say "missiles" and not "salvo missiles" (basically every

rule concerning the shooting down of missiles) apply to all types of
missiles, ie. both MTMs and SMs.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: SG: Ghurka club100 miniatures(batch 2) Next: Re: Should be obvious..... But I missed it...