Prev: Re: [OT] Storing Minis Next: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces

MT missiles possibilities

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:23:01 EST
Subject: MT missiles possibilities

Okay, when i read MT (looking again to make sure...) I thought there
were
several possibilities:

1) The most obvious to me (based on page 3 - "...MISSILES are small
unmanned craft int heir own right.  A typical space combat missile is,
in
effect, a small ship, guided by an on board AI (Artificial
Intelligence."...") was that they could freely maneuver (once given
'general directions' as to where their targets currently are) within the
limits of their AI.  If you have FCS control you should have essentially
the space equivalent version of modern day wire guided torpedoes.
That's
why when there are several ships within 6 inches of the missile 5-arc
end
of turn position the missile always selects the closest target (a scout
at 3" *over* a SDN at 5")

However I do not see the "closest" on page 3 that we have, to my
experience,  used as a guideline... Page 3 says "...any ship..." and
that
might imply selectiveness.  Hmmm...  Why not largest?  Or fastest?

2) The suggested FCS lock-on required during flight sand attack.   So,
if
I have 10 MT missiles on board, launch all of them at one time then one
FCS controls them all?	In one mass formation or individual tracking for
all ten by one FCS?  Same single target or multiple targets?

3) The FCS is used on turn 1 for launch and general targeting but is not
needed on turns 2 and 3 as the AI,using Inertial, stellar, passive
and/or
active systems attempts wending it's way to the targets available.

Fleet Book 1 is not clear in how the changes for SM's relate to MT
Missiles so I have looked but don't see what effect, if any, FB1 has on
MT Missiles.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT] Storing Minis Next: Needle Beam questions and GBR Space forces