Prev: VTOLs again Next: Re: [OT] Storing Minis

Re: World/System creation

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:36:28 -0500
Subject: Re: World/System creation

I can think of two:
  Gurps Space.	(Lots of info on building universes/campains.)
  Starwars Planets Collection (WEG edition).
  (This was also published as "The planets of the galaxy volumes 1,2 and
3", and something I think was called "Imperial Scouts" -- or something
like that.)

The one in Gurps Space is a bit more detailed. (ie: simple starsystem,
and extensive planet generation.  Also there is a simple Alien
generation system.)  Other gurps books have more systems.  (Gurps
Traveller, also
GT Starports has a nifty starport generator.)  The other is more of a
simple to medium level of detail, focusing on "interesting" planets, and
fast/action based role-play.

Of course, which system you use depends on the type of campain you want,
what level of detail, and the feel of the generation system.  Role
playing games are a great resource for info and systems like these.
Take a
look!  You might find something usefull you don't have to make up
yourself.

Donald Hosford

Alderfek@aol.com wrote:

> The Battletech Explorer Corp manual had a section in it on creating
systems. Has a random roll table to determine star classes and planets.
I dont remember if it has anything about tech levels and the such
though.