Prev: Re: FT-Battleriders Next: Re: Outrim Coalition

Re: GZG Star List with Planetary Data

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:42:56 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: GZG Star List with Planetary Data

> Hi all,
>
> A couple of months ago, I wrote a perl script to generate solar
systems
> for every star within 15 parsecs of the Sun. I used a copy of the GZG
> star-list spreadsheet from Winchell Chung's web site, and started
with the
> rules for generating solar systems found in the GURPS Space, GURPS
Traveller,
> and Traveller 2300 game books. A friend of mine has put the list up
on his web
> site:
>	  http://wam.umd.edu/~ddr/
> You will note that some of the political affiliations are out of date
--
> I'm afraid I don't know who has claimed what, so I stayed with the
political
> affiliations listed in Winchell Chung's spreadsheet, and didn't go
any
> further than that.
>
> If anyone finds a mistake, or would like to add something that I
missed,
> PLEASE let me know and I'll update the list. Any comments are
welcome!

I understand that neither Winchell Chung's star list nor your own
planet list has been cross-checked with the recent results of searches
for planets outside our solar system ?

See: http://exoplanets.org/

With more than 70 planets now known, there is likely to be a fair
degree of overlap. Epsilon Eridani and Eps.Reticuli, for example, are
known to have gas giant planets.

Greetings

Prev: Re: FT-Battleriders Next: Re: Outrim Coalition