Prev: Re: [FT-WDA] Grav Comp Firecon was: [FT] Its gone very quiet on the WotW discussions. Next: OT: Astronomy Lesson Of The Week (was: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: was: (a lot of other things)

Re: [FT-WDA] Grav Comp Firecon

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:13:25 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT-WDA] Grav Comp Firecon

On or about Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 08:07:47AM -0500, Noam Izenberg typed:

>On my master of the WDA, the GCFC costs 6 pts. Perhaps it's an update I

>haven't had the chance to put up yet. Perhaps it should have the
>additional restriction of only 1 per ship, PSB being it has to be
>mounted just fore of the main drives. But yes, I don't care for the aft

>fire restrictions, though I understand why they are there from the game

>mechanic point of view.

How much of a difference would it make? How often is rear-arc fire
relevant? Most of the current ships don't have very much bearing into
the AP/AS arcs, which are the closest analogues; would it be worth
having a GCFC for any ships not built especially to take advantage of
it, perhaps with a significant number of all-arc weapons? (I suspect
not.)

Given a substantial amount of new construction, where would it be
useful? In large ships facing more manoeuvreable
(coughcoughKra'Vakcough) opponents, maybe, but the mass of multi-arc
beams is pretty major already; and it's pretty much useless on a beam-1,
because of the range addition.

I'm afraid I can't see an advantage to this.

Roger