Prev: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers))

Re: Outrim Coalition

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:20:44 +1100
Subject: Re: Outrim Coalition

I've just had a go at a straight translation of some of the FT2 designs
into
their FB1 equivalents, for the ORC. They end up being rather
weak-hulled,
with little in the way of class-1 batteries, but with really good firing
arcs. The masses are all rather small - for cruisers, extremely small -
for
their notional class and model size.
This, and the fact that the ORC models and the FT2 SSDs are rather Old,
leads to a neat solution: these are all old, obsolete designs bought
"second
hand", or manufactured at low-technology shipyards out of
locally-produced
low-tech materials. Their actual mass is somewhat larger than the given
figures(from 5 to 100% larger), but the cost in MUCr is in line with
their
capabilities and market price.

Anyway, here they are:

Alpha Centauri class Frigate (Actual Mass ~20+)

Mass 20, BPV 68
Hull: 5
Thrust: 6
FTL capable
1 Class-1/6
1 Class-2/6
2 PDS
1 FC

Beta Hydrae class Destroyer (Actual Mass ~35)

Mass 28, BPV 95
Hull 7
Thrust: 6
FTL capable
1 Class-1/6
2 Class-2/6
2 PDS
1 FC

Gamma Leopardis class Light Cruiser (Actual Mass ~55 )

Mass 43, BPV 147
Hull 10
Thrust 6
FTL capable
3 Class-2/6
2 PDS
2 FC
Screen-1

Delta Pavonis class Heavy Cruiser (Actual Mass ~80)

Mass 50, BPV 173
Hull 16
Thrust 4
FTL capable
1 Class-1/6
3 Class-2/6
2 PDS
1 ADFC
2 FC
Screen-1

Eta Cassiopiae Strike Cruiser (Actual Mass ~80)

Mass 48, BPV 165
Hull 14
Thrust 4
FTL capable
2 Pulse Torp/2
1 PDS
2 FC
Screen-1

Sigma Draconis class Missile Cruiser (Actual Mass ~75)

Mass 39, BPV 134
Hull 12
Thrust 4
FTL capable
4 MT missiles
1 Class-1/6
1 PDS
2 FC
Screen-1

Ursa Major class battleship (Actual Mass ~120)

Mass 97, BPV 338
Hull 24
Thrust 4
FTL capable
1 Class-2/6
4 Class-3/3
4 PDS
3 FC
Screen-2

Prev: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: RE: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers))