Prev: Re: FT-Battleriders Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

Re: New Nation [longish]

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:06:27 -0800
Subject: Re: New Nation [longish]

Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> >Well that's the basics so far.
> >What's the feedback?
>
> Basics sound fine, though you may want to be just a wee bit beyond
human
> space to explain why you haven't "cropped up" on the alien scope (from
the
> humans point of view) as yet. Assuming I've interpreted you correctly
and
> you're humanoid not humans in space as such.

That's correct. I can't think of a way to justify the idea into some
human power so I'm leaving them as aliens. I wanted a group that's just
venturing out as starferrors. That allows them to have a very strong
home economy and tech base but small on a intersteller level. I figured
if I put them just outside human space that would give just enough
buffer so that they can be "discovered" shortly and in the meantime give
some good scenarios for SG and FT.

Jaime

Prev: Re: FT-Battleriders Next: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)