Prev: Re: M class Stars not planets Next: OT-Stars and planets and such

Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:18:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

> Been awhile since I did any astronomy, but I thought desirable stars
were
> close to G0;

True

> likewise, I thought the 'M-class' designation was a Trek thing
> for a planet, not a star.

*whack whack*  Haven't you been paying attention to the OU claiming
"all the useless M stars" and Alarishi Empire claiming all th useful
ones?  M stars are small, cool, red (comparatively, you'd still see
them as white), not likely to have habitable planets.

Alarish (the 'planet', actually a moon) orbits a brown
dwarf/superjovian planet, which provides more insolation (mostly in
infrared) than the M class star which the superjovian orbits.

Prev: Re: M class Stars not planets Next: OT-Stars and planets and such