Prev: Re: M-class planets (was Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff)) Next: Re: Ghurkas

Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 22:26:38 +0100
Subject: Re: Hmmm.... Was Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers)

> >From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
> >
> > > 2. To really stick it to the LLAR.  Native groups in South America
are
> > > extremely oppressed, it is well-documented.  By encouraging these
groups
> > > to seek independence, they create a new enemy for the LLAR (The
enemy
of my
> > > enemy....).
> >
> >As a statement about the real-world situation referring to ALL Native
> >American groups in present-day South Amereica,
>
> WHERE do you see the word ALL in my words above?

"Native Groups in South America ....  "
This may be a matter of writing style, but without using some qualifying
words like "A few", "Some", "Many", "Most", the above statement can
easily
be read to refer to ALL of them.

> I am simply saying that the problem is present in enough places to
give
rise to the possibility of
> at least one or two groups being friendly to the CNP goals.

I'm fine with that version.

> True enough, but there are enough opressed groups to make it
interesting.

Agree

> >that I have done website on the LLAR.
> >http://home.t-online.de/home/kh.ranitzsch/lira/main.html
>
> I read it.  Interesting that you have them claiming but not holding
> territories on Earth.

That the LLAR has no territory on Earth is part of the official canon
history
(An unfortunate choice, in my opinion, but that's a different topic)

> >A pretty wild guess - do I detect some anti-Latino bias here ? -
>
> None whatsoever, and I resent the implication.  I am merely trying to
> present a view that would be held by the citizens of my power, however
> correct or incorrect it might be.

Maybe I did read you explanation too much as a straight (more or less
neutral) history and not as a piece of CNP Propaganda.

>  Perhaps I should have avoided the word slavery, since in it's literal
meaning it does not exist.
> But oppression still does for many indians.

Yes.

I think with these explanations, we are getting a better understanding
ofour
points.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: M-class planets (was Re: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry (was some other stuff)) Next: Re: Ghurkas