Prev: RE: [LST] Making a 'pedia entry Re: OK OK I Give! (Was Powers) Next: [GZG/LST/FT] 'pedia/Digest subscribers/AoG ships

Re: FT: Thanks Oerjan; figure sizes.

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 19:08:10 GMT
Subject: Re: FT: Thanks Oerjan; figure sizes.

In message <3BE72FD9.6577AFD1@spikyfishthing.com>
	  Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> Michael Llaneza wrote:
> >
> > Fleet Action is the scale you want. Not coincidentally, AOG has
decided
> > to drop the full "scale" line, although the existing minis will
remain
> > more or less available.
>
> I'd have to disagree. You want the B5 Wars size for shipes and the
fleet
> scale fighters. The fleet scale stuff is good for DD ships.
>
> Jaime

Depends if you want real big impressive ships, or something easily
transported - a B5Wars capital ship figure (such as an Octuron) is
_huge_ - you can usually scratchbuild about 3 decent sized ships from
the bits (if you want ;-).

I've picked up quite a few B5Wars and B5 Fleet Action figures, mostly on
sale at trade stands (I got quite a few at Gen Con UK this year from the
charity bring&buy - at about half their usual price).

Whether or not you like them depends on taste, many of the designs taken
from the series (I'm not counting raider ships here! :-) are stylish,
but some of the AoG 'extrapolations' are less so :-(.

Also, I've noticed that in some cases, the smaller figures are actually
better designed - (compare B5Wars Vorlon Light Cruiser with the
fleet-action equivalent).

With some races, you may be able to get away with a fleet combining both
FA scale (escorts), and B5Wars scale (cruisers and capitals), especially
with the more alien fleets (vorlons & shadows especially). Also, a
couple of the AoG Earth Alliance designs would work well as NSL designs.

Charles