Prev: Re: Prospective Novice Next: RE: Prospective Novice

Re: Prospective Novice

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 16:11:19 +1100
Subject: Re: Prospective Novice

At 08:08  5/11/01 -0800, Jaime Tiampo  wrote:
> > [ Beth ]Tactics/speeds will depend on which vector (FB1 or FB2)
you're
> using though.
> > FB1 vector allows you to play at 6x thrust with confidence, but FB2
vector
> > reins you in to about 4x thrust. And I'm speaking as the FSE here -
>
>I'd like to see your reasoning on this. The only changes to vector was
>limiting the amout of thrust in pushes.

I believe it may be like this.

Under FB1 a MD6 ship could expend all it's thrust on burns and rotations

and then a further half of the MD rating on pushes..

Under FB2 pushes are now restricted to 1 point of thrust per turn from
any
one set of thrusters (bow, port, starboard and aft) and the thrust
points
for pushes come from the main drive along with the burns and rotations.
There isn't an exclusive pool just for pushes, this makes a big
difference
on a ship's ability to maneuver.

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: Re: Prospective Novice Next: RE: Prospective Novice