Prev: Re: Prospective Novice Next: Re: Prospective Novice

Re: Prospective Novice

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:52:49 +1100
Subject: Re: Prospective Novice

At 08:08  5/11/01 -0800, Jaime Tiampo wrote:

>The system I employ is to have all the ships possible within 6" of each
>other. This alloys for an "area defence net" where all the PDS are
>dispersed in the fleet so every ship can support any of the ships in
the
>fleet. It makes the fleet easier to hit with mass salvos but makes the
>defence net more resiliant and allows for a greater total PDS defence.

Networking the point defenses is STILL crucial in our games. Beth
doesn't
believe in spreading out her SMs, they arrive in tightly bunched groups.
Of
course I return the favour with waves of MT missiles (launched from
modified DDs) capable picking out the target and not just attacking the
nearest.

But then you meeting the Phalons :)

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com
URL; http://www.users.bigpond.com/derekfulton/

Prev: Re: Prospective Novice Next: Re: Prospective Novice