Prev: Re: Basques in Spaaaaaace and the NFR Next: GZG OLC

Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 07:11:37 -0600
Subject: Re: GEV Physics and GEVs for engineers

***
The air cushion just has to be able to survive the air pressure in the
air
cushion.
***

True, if simplistic.

***
Polished surfaces? On a GEV which has been knocked out in combat and
crashed? Yeah, *right*... how many hours did you say your recovery crew
spent polishing those surfaces after they arrived at the crash scene?
***

Easily debated, but fiddly.

***
No, but it *did* have its own control surfaces and maneuvering
thrusters.
To tow a GEV over rough terrain without having it bang into every nearby
obstacle, you need either a rigid (and very strong) umbilical or at
least
some cooperation from the towed vehicle.
***

Which, I think, was my point in the first post, missed entirely in the
followup, and WAY too detailed in the last. Can we drop yet?

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Basques in Spaaaaaace and the NFR Next: GZG OLC