Prev: Re: Chosroes and Co Next: Re: RE: Powers That Be

Re: FT.... my 0.02

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 06:28:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: FT.... my 0.02

--- Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> wrote:

> And, I have to HEARTILY disagree with Mr.
> Engineer (Stay on the ground pal! Your MOS
> isn't space qualified yet....). He claims that
> vector is hard.... quite frankly I find the basic

No, I said it takes getting used to.  I'm pretty damn
good at it now.  But every time I play someone who's
not used to thinking in those terms, the first game I
manage to get behind them with all their ships pointed
in the wrong way and spend a turn taking free shots at
under 6".  It's because they have played one of the
"other" space combat games and think in aircraft
terms--or they spent all their time watching Star Wars
and Star Trek and think ships bank.

> <Maybe the drift + limited manouvre might
> overtake an Engineer brain though eh John?
> *wink* -- since it only knows things like how
> much C4 to put in the sarcastic listers' Lazy-boy
> to give him a good *bang*!>

50 lbs.  Take his whole house with him.

> Heh. And as for your comments about why
> there are so many Scots split offs - someone
> beat me to the comment about all Scots
> colonies being splinters. But the other truth is
> that deep down, everyone who has even a bit
> of Scots or Irish in their blood is proud of it and
> wants (a bit) to be there in the Glens. So the

Nope.  I'm 1/4 Welsh and part-Irish on both sides of
the family.  And what do I run?  Greek-Armenian
halfbreeds.

John

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Chosroes and Co Next: Re: RE: Powers That Be