Prev: My take on non cannon FT Next: FT: Prospective Novice

OT: Powers That Be

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 18:37:11 -0800
Subject: OT: Powers That Be

OK, after asking my question, and seeing how far and wide it took us,
I've
decided to get my feet wet in the business of starting my own little
political entity, along the lines of the "Just small enough to fit under

radar" category.  This may or may not include my jumping into FT.
That's
another post.

In order to do this with any modicum of plausibility, however, I need to
ask
some further questions.

1. Where is the best place to read up on the history of the
Canon/commonly
accepted non-cannon tuffleyverse?  I want my little fiefdom to mesh
historically with what's out there.

2. Along the same vein, what is the best way to determine a plausible
amount
of holdings for not-quite-a-real-power (ie, not just 1 colony, but not
interested in any more than the few they have; no real influence outside

their own space, but capable of bloodying anyone who might try to push
them
around)?

3. Given the nature of 2 of the 3 cultural groups I plan to make up my
little entity, I was wondering if there was anyone on the list who, in
addition to understanding the games and the tuffleyverse, would also
understand something about Irish and/or Scottish culture?  (I figure
there
must be someone, given the wide variety of genius on this list)

Thanks,

Brian

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: My take on non cannon FT Next: FT: Prospective Novice