Prev: Re: Fulton Family (was RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space) Next: Re: [DS, SG,FT] Fog-of-War

RE: [DS, SG,FT] Fog-of-War

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:21:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [DS, SG,FT] Fog-of-War

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Apart from using hidden movement until in LoS or
> exposed by comms or> something I've never really
succeeded in getting it> right in a straight GZG

Actually, I'd buy the GZG interpretation of things for
DSII.  The advances in sensor technology and
introduction of cheap, disposable drone ensure that
the fog of war will probably not be as confusing as it
was in the past.  The problem will arise in
information overload.  How you ask?  Try playing
Dirtside II as a brigade-level game.

> game. Using something like Piquet cards could
> reintroduce it I'd say.

Haaaack, SPIT!	I played a Piquet game once.  The
Rennaissance version thereof.  My fscking archers shot
ONCE in the game, and it was when the enemy was about
twice their MAX (not effective) range away.  And then
THEY NEVER RELOADED.  The WHOLE DAMN GAME.  I lost the
fscking battle because in Piquet, it takes an ACT OF
FREAKING GOD to RELOAD A LONGBOW.  Oh, and I spent 5
VERDAMMT TURNS trying to get my lancers to change from
column formation to something resembling a combat
formation.  So by the time they were in the fight,
they were completely enveloped.

It goes to the other extreme--from having total
control, you have NO control.  It's all about the
goddamn cards.

John

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Fulton Family (was RE: [FT] Ballpoints In Space) Next: Re: [DS, SG,FT] Fog-of-War